Monday, November 5, 2012

OMG-3:: I-Files:Power of Prayer


He who tries to understand God simply by logical arguments will not succeed. If one develops love for God by following his instructions, one can know the supreme absolute truth..... H.H.Radhanath
We get to hear this letter quite often than not these days ."I" .i phone.i pad.ipod.even i-pill (birth control pills). and our own I...I..me..myself...I the ego of self which is so strong that all others "i" are mere reflections of this "i. If only we can delete or control or transcend this "I", then Kaivalya or moskha or enlightenment or realization or etc are just step away from liberation or so says all books i read in my life. Off late i got to know about another "I" which promises the same. Iskon movement which is an epitrome of bhakti yoga. I dont know anything of this except from my childhood readings from amar chitra katha comics of Meera, Eklavya, Hanuman etc
During my posting in Vizag i came across a girl who was super staunch devotee of Lord Krishna. Our talk was funny exp with two contrasting personalities. I never followed any ism even though iam born Hindu and She was a orthodox catholic who gave up her life to make Krishna her centre of existence. I wonder how can a human in 21 centuery living in midst of cut throat competiton can be so devoted to god.It failed to impress my loigical mind.What more. Her food, bed, waking hours, college ,dress,hom,e,everything was around Krishna.She gets up at 3 am to start her 16 round japa of mahamantra and 64 rounds on special occasion.(Trust me ,doing one single round with mala consisting of 108 beads is very hard and 16 and 64 are just out of this world)Sixteen rounds at 4 am will surely make her every cell in her body immerse in mantra.No food with onion/garlic and junk is strict no-no.College should be near temple.Sundays only for Krihsna.Studies only when she gets time from her seva to Lord Krishna. and surprisngly questions come from what little she studies.Reminds me what Rama maharshi says "God never forsakes one who has surrendered"" When i expressed my surprise .amazement and respect for her devotion , she just let it pass and recommended me a book "The journey home"Swami radhanath biography.The book was bland and boring with no exciting anecdotes like "Living with Himalayan masters" or "Autobiography of yogi".Now thats what makes it special.Here is a story of American 19 year lad who in search of truth comes to India alone and ends up becoming Krishna devotee .Right now He is head of Mumbai Iskon .What amazes is his intense devotion.
And in Hyderabad office i had one guy who is part of Krishna devotee list. His name is not important but drama of life around him is inspiring. lemme tell share a small story abt this guy .....the idea of sharing struck me when I was in his home playing with his equally devotee daughter.....it so happened ...he was supposed to get transferred ...and He didnt want to be ...his simple reasoning is that his Spiritual master and community of 7 families vowed to stay together.... He is really wonderful; guy who gets up at 2-3 am ..to finish off his prayers and mangal arthi...never eats outside food ...during three day training outside city ...he didnt even touch a grain in such a lavish star hotel ...he just brought some fruits and savoured them fer all 3 days ...where as me and other guys spent most of time in dining rooms than conference rooms ... Recently he had to face problems at multiple fronts : ... He got transferred His land lord asked him to vacate house His request for in-city transfer was rejected
so as it happened ...my MD sent orders that he shud be Transfer d to Noida. Reaction: ..He requested for retaining in hyd only MD thundered and sent his orders on fax . Reaction: again he sent a personal letter requesting to be retained in Hydreabad MD now with ego inflated and prestige at stake growled at him "whats so special in HYd that he is defying MD orders" Reaction:..Iam not defying MDs orders but following my-MDs orders and my real MD is MD to creation : LOrd Krishna Now my MDs prestige..izzat and everything at stake ... Reaction: ..let anything happen ...all he did was submit resignation ..in all his seriousness ...it was no idle threat ...he meant it Now company cannot afford to loose guy with such experience ...but MDs prestige is at stake .. Now Land lord of his wanted home to vacate house as well...and which he cannot as he need to stay close to his Spiritual community and rents in that area are obnoxiously high and he cannot afford another house .. He requested MD for internal transfer as we have one more branch nearer to his home as current office is 25 kms away.:: Rejected He requested Landlord : Request Rejected I then asked him ..wat he wud do ...all he said was ,,,,,PRAYER He was given 1 month ultimatum
After 1 month : One experienced guy from my branch resigned for another job ,,,so Management was forced to retain him fer more 15 days till new guy comes ..as they didnt want to back off the orders iof his transfer to noida ... right next to his home ...a family was leaving to germany within very short time and wanted rent their house to a decent family....and luckily my colleague happened to call him 1st and was given his new apartment ... now Other branch sent a request for additional experienced staff as business is booming there ,,,and my Chief manager always saw this guy as threat happily supported idea of his transfer to other branch which is nearer to his home ... NOW: His transfer to noida cancelled He got a new plush apartment in location he wanted with just nominal increase of rent He got transferred to Branch which is closer to his Home and is just 10 minutes away. No matter who takes the credit ,,,MD,,Chief manager...etyc ,,,,we can clearly see when you choose God over all and everything ,,,He is sure to take care of You in million ways .....Its lovely experience and feeling esp wen u witness it Live and in front of eyes ... What do u say .....what can we say ..except pitching our prayers more higher...deeper ... !! Hare Krishna Hare Krishna ,Krishna Krishna Hare hare Hare Rama Hare Rama,Rama Rama Hare Hare !!

No comments:

Hardest fall of my life when my heart broke- part1

 Part 2 I will write on how it all started. This, part 1, my emotional tornado when my relationship ended two days ago. Other day I had my...