Sunday, January 28, 2007

Annoying Areated Drinks


Coke back in eye of Storm

home)…..

Circa 2005:
I still stick to stand…No coke No PEPSI/COKE Or, it's affiliated soft drinks…through years I've got little matured and I no longer hate
CIRCA 1998:
I guess I picked up my anti western stand from KGB,Arundathi Roy essays stories and Pro USSR books.Through prolonged arguments upto morning 3 am under the oak tree in my lawn I used to just back up my already taken stance with my pals . No foreign goods, No pepsi, No coke No levis(I cannot afford this either)…but hypocritically I had reservations for Hollywood movies(esp Sangeeth theatre used to be my2nd Americans..but American policy, coke and pepsi must go…Here are a few reasons why every one should dump coke from their daily schedule.Don't go for economic reasons that complicate your brain with Jargon that's highly difficult to understand.Health perspective:What is coke?

Just carbonated water and sugar with no nutrition value whose secretformuls is safe;y stored in bank of Atlanta.May never reveal it so we might not exactly know what the drink contains…But its Ph is 3.4 acidity enough to dissolve your bones and teeth

- Indian scientists already claim pestiside residue in coke.
-Charles bert discoverer of insulin remarked that large quantities ofcoke have Cirrhosis of liver similar to that of chronic alcoholics
- Studies conducted by London based consumer international state thatcolas cause tooth decay, obesity, hypertension, low blood glucose levels.


Stories from Archives

Political: In 1990 coke re-entry into India was turn down.Americanswere so angry that US Secretary of state (equivalent to Indian foreignMinister) James Baker pointed V P Singh in Nambia (nambia is no placeto discuss coke) that US can be very rash where it's self interest isinvolved and gave examples Iraq got doomed, panama dictator ManuelNoriega was put in Jail. All because they dared to stand against theUSA.

Result: Coke entered and swallowed Indian soft drinks viz, Goldspot, Goldspot(nowfanata), limca, Thumsup, Rush,Maaza. Now except Frooti there is noteven a single soft drink company owned by Indians.Summary: USA threatened India and forced it's way into India whyshould we Indians patronize big bully brands???Think of it.Present situationWater Woes: There are 100 odd manufacturing units in the country. Cokeand pepsi are engaged in water war against people of India. Coke alonein Plachimada district(Kerala) consumes 4-6 lakh/day denying localcommunities. Their fundamental right to water in plachimada now tastesmetallic not potable.

REMEMBER EVERYTIME YOU DRINK COKE OR PEPSI SOME FELLOW INDIAN IS DEPRIVED OF HIS FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO DRINK WATER.

USA: USA itself pulled off coke&pepsi from its schools and colleges this August(aug 31/2005) as it is affecting health of US youth andteens leading to obesity and other health problems.

Summary: Is US teenager life and his/her well being more important than Indian counterpart. Are Indian lifves useless. Just ever pondered, Why we need to patronize cola giants that give us nothing except diseases, water scarcity in lieu of our money.Why can't we substitute cola to ,badam/flavoured milk or some fruit juice or plain water for that matter or maximum Frooti
(which is owned by Parle).


Is it necessary to guzzle litres of cola per day just bcoz ourfavourite movie stars persuade us or our cricketers dancing to bubbly tune..(as more and more crciketers seems to have losing they batting sheen , they are turning to modelling and actions)

Ask yourself, don't you think it time to kick out the menance called Coke?




No comments:

Hardest fall of my life when my heart broke- part1

 Part 2 I will write on how it all started. This, part 1, my emotional tornado when my relationship ended two days ago. Other day I had my...