Saturday, December 30, 2006

Nostalgic???


Few days back I met my old college pals over a marriage reception party on the occasion of friends wedding. My friends seems to have lost no time in reminiscing about good old times . And everyone involved over mudslinging exercise on people who are far off in usa or just laughing over worn out joke pulled during college days." NOSTALGIC, THEY WERE ". It hardly makes me any sense of this. Nostalgia is one of million atavistic emotions ingrained in our mental makeup.

Why should a man become nostalgic?. There is neither use nor purpose by submitting ourselves to these silly emotions, which make us sentimental. Two minutes of sentimentality can blur your judgment. People go nostalgic seeing their old school photos, remembering good old college farewell party, old flame etc and their heart began to melt , in extreme cases moodiness sets in fer days . What's the fun in living in the past . The so-called good days are long gone and deeply buried in pages of ur personal history. No force nor no power can retrieve them back. Life is sweet and is in future, Never and not in the past. Past has served its purpose and its time to forget the past and make in roads into future and again I say life is in future. Old days are good , but new days and great days are stored up in the 'future' vault. Old days appear good just coz we know it ..and we are fearful of future coz we are afraid to meet future with confidence and head on as it's a mystery.

Now, if u ask me would I go nostalgic , I say I always propound the elimination of heart-linked sentiments .human is gifted with hundreds of emotions and its in our command to keep them under check .nor my old school nor college ever evokes in me anything , it was just a non living thing made out of brick and mortar. If people write diary , I write mt dreams , but in my mind , once I achieve them , they get erased and be replaced by something new .i am gone and that's it ..The story ends there .never I kept any old pictures of pals or anything old I just simply dispose old prizes that I won for many competitions so that space is available fer better things. the moment I feel the job of a thing is done , I just dump it . I don't believe in memorable items. I d rather invest in knowledge rather than things.

This reminds me a saying Oscar Wilde

"I don't want to be at mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, enjoy them and to dominate them."

Love n Peace

Myself

PS: Still to be more practical, let me give better example how this nostalgia working in our society. India , we say and collectively croon about its lost glory , olden days , huge stacks of ancient wealth(India's share in in world trade was 40% before British dogs came . now its less than 1 %) we go on singing off good old days rather than trying to our bit to make today better and tomorrow- The Best .

No comments:

Hardest fall of my life when my heart broke- part1

 Part 2 I will write on how it all started. This, part 1, my emotional tornado when my relationship ended two days ago. Other day I had my...