Sunday, August 1, 2010

Devipuram-1

DEVIPURAM PART 1





This blogspot is dedicated to
""One and only one
Mamngalore favourite Son
Brighter than Sun
Deadlier than gun
None other than "The One"
Rockstar Ramesh""






I remeber the last words spoken to last mangalorean , Mr.Ramesh Sir, when iwas packing off from manglore on my transfer to vizag..He was asking me to visit his favorite deity in Vishakapatnam and wanted me to describe it in nano level clarity.I came to vizag two months back and my dream of Home state turned out to be Nightmare.Sultry humid climate.Strikes n bandhs, Expensive boarding, lifestyle inflation,heavy work , my art of living yoga clasess, new books, impending exams etc etc rendered me in breaking the promise.Art of Living Sudrashan kriya on saturday night has driven enough energy into my system that i have entered into trance like sleep which lasted less than 3 or 4 hours but i woke up sunday morning at 3 am fresh with energy bubbling every cell in my body system.I decided spontaneoulsy and within one hour i was in busstop without any fore thought.



Long before dawn struck the cloudy skies ,I took the 1st bus starting to Devipuram .The Holy Temple is just 50 kms away from Vizag.Nestled in between peaks filled with luxuriant foilage of greenary.The temple houses the Worlds only Sri Vidya Chakra yantra.I have little idea of Yantras except bookish knowledge from Aghora-2 book which has rich literature on Yantras.Yantras are geometrical patterns drawn for many purposes.Square Yantras for prosperity.Halfmoon yantra for subjugation.Triangle yantra for destruction.Pyramids of Egypt are yantras in itself .

By the way dont expect this blog to have my signature style crazy humour all over.This is a a spiritual sojourn and my mind is all empty filled with spiritual vibrations rendering me wordless.




The temple is 3 storied circular building.
Surrouding the temple are statues of nude Goddess each representing different siddhis.If my memory is right there are 7 Siddhis and 14 Riddhis.Better read "Living with Himalayan Masters" to know about these.I read in website that this tenple houses the Sri Chakra The highest yantra.,but despite of earnest search i couldnt find it.I walked up the stairs of this circular temple hoping i would find a huge Sri chakra yantra somewhere .First floor we see some Goddess and in second we see a 2-3 feet Sri chaktra meru Yantra and in last floor is one to look forward for.The odd feature is unlike all temples , here we find female priests.




The last floor is of Goddess RajaRajeshwari.Mother Goddess is sculpted in black rock in darkroom with natural camphor diyas.The effect is quite electrifying.I seldom saw anything more beautful . She exudes Beauty and Power.I was kinda awestruck and became numb in Her presence.She radiates grace and at same time gleams like Thousand Suns reflection on Steel Swords.






As i was comming down the stairs , still searching for a giant yantra, i realised where the yantra was.IAM IN YANTRA.., TEMPLE ITSELF IS A GIANT YANTRA.CONSTRUCTED LIKE SRI CHAKRA YANTRA...a giant yantra.I wanted to buy some thing for Ramesh but today is Gurupoornima and the shop is closed.Maybe next time.Till then this blog is my gift to u.




Little away from Temple is Shivalaya.Here Kamakhya and Siva temples are on a hillock. At the ground level is the Sri Meru temple.

Kamakhya devi is the form of yoni(Female genetials), the mother of all. All 10 maha-vidyas including the Sri-Chakra reside there. Devotees can do serious sadhanas here in AP, saving the trouble of going to Assam to see Kamakhya. Kanyas, desiring soubhagyam get abhishekams done at the "dhara" in Kamakhya here. Chidless couples get their desire fulfilled here.

Siva temple has a marble Lingam and phallic Lingam (Male genetials)outside for archana. Prior to Muslim and Christian eras, satvic tantrics worshipped phallus as Siva, yoni as Shakti and offered their joys to Siva-Sakti. Even today, sadhakas are doing these pujas in secret places all over the world.





At the ground level, the temple itself is a big Sri-Cakra. Walking into it, life size Khadgamala deities greet the visitors. Some are nude. They openly suggest that desire should be directed towards God/Goddess. This is the concept behind Bhakti, expressing love and desire for God/Goddess.

Now i got the knack behind the Yoni and Shivlinga.Its The Kundalini-The Piromordial Energy.In seat of Man is Muldhra chakra where kundalini that is Goddess Shakthi is all coiled up and In had lies Shahshra Chakra where Shiva remains .The union of Shiva and Shkathi means complete awakening of Kundalini in a man and He becomes SadaShiva .The immortal and the man who is above Maya The Cosmic Illusion.The wolrd of Duality

Shiva temple is the only place here we find a male priest.He saw me and in one glance , He saw through my ignorance .He asked me politely to what puja i was going to do?.(I am totally ignorant of religious rituals though iam spiritual)., i just told him i came to pray.Where am i from was his second question (now i wonder what should i say.?..Shall i say i just came from Mangalore and now in vizag or should i say about my home town where i havent gone for years or what?..)Whats the purpose of comming to temple(Now iam totally zero.I have no idea why iam here excpet i took decsion spontaneously at 3 am.I seldom think.I just do spontaneously) Anyways i tell him my friend in mangalore is sick and iam here to pray for him.

He told me to cricumbulate around Lord shiva in Phallus form 12 times in clock wise and photography is prohibited.My ignorance reached zenith as i never been to temples and still less into these rituals and rules.I didnt know from whcih side i should start .Right or Left.Again he hinted me that i should follow clockwise.Again problem.I dont wear watch on sundays .Luckily i saw some one come and do it and i followed them blindly.







Photography of Shivlinga is Prohibited .But i wanted to show Ramesh all good things here.Promise is a Promise .Ne er in my history i have a record and reputation of breaking my word.Never!!So i sneak out and take a picture through a small hole.Hope God forgives me after all Journey of Life is measured in friends not in Miles.




Finally the weather .The weather is beautful,Cloudy and drizling .Nature is just like in Maniratnam movies.Rather walking back to busstop , i just cut across the road and walked into trees filled hills.No preparation.No plan.No nothing.Spoentaneous decsion.Remeber what Zen saying goes "Jump -Net will Appear"...Here i dive into unknown ...







Well Ramesh ...Promise Fulfilled .But this is not end.Its just the begining of 2 part series.To be Contd

2 comments:

ramesh said...

thank u. waiting for the next post

Unknown said...

hi i wanna talk something personal about the devipuram site... can i mail u direct.. if yes. do drop in a line at nazxcx@hotmail.com

luv light and butterflies
Naz

Hardest fall of my life when my heart broke- part1

 Part 2 I will write on how it all started. This, part 1, my emotional tornado when my relationship ended two days ago. Other day I had my...